24 December, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

Merry Christmas!

That's all I had to say...just kidding ;)

It's fairly late on Christmas Eve but I just thought that I should post a Merry Christmas to all on my blog. I really have fallen off the edge of the planet lately but I've had good reason ;). We got to head to Turtleford to be with the whole Stein clan for the weekend. It was a really good time and we even got to stay a little later to visit with my Mom & Dad after everyone left. While it was a great time with tons of food, sledding and even a few presents...I must say the fresh fish lunch on Monday was a highlight for me. I am very grateful to the gentleman from my parents church who dropped off some fresh jack for them. I have been craving that for a very long time! The boys loved the sledding at my brother's house (I'll post pictures later...I have about 500 on my camera at the moment :) ). Of course, Monday I got sick...lovely sore throat and all that jazz... I was very fortunate to be able to get in to see the doctor Tuesday morning so I got some antibiotics and have been doing much better now. What a way to spend my first week off!

Tonight we had a lovely candlelight service at church...at least, if you weren't trying to manage two boys who both wanted to be carried and held and use you as a jungle gym, it was probably very lovely. For me it was pretty nice, anyway. We sat at the very front but it was good because the kids could see the live nativity so well and Evan had the best view of the guitars. It was quite funny when two of the pastors did a special number. They both sang and played guitar, one on each side of the stage. Evan's eyes were just like a tennis match...first to one side then the other, checking out TWO guitars at once! Afterwards, we came home and watched The Grinch, had our Christmas picnic and opened presents. I got a scanner from my husband that should keep me busy with pictures for a long time now!! I also got the ever-loved and coveted Slap Chop from my boys so that should be fun with Xander :). It was fun because Xander is now old enough to open something and really get excited in an "I wanted that!!" kinda way. Hungry Hippos was his huge excitement tonight! Evan liked his toys, too, but he's not quite old enough to care too much. Jason liked his presents, too (I wouldn't splurge for the iPhone but I did get him an iPod Touch). Now, we have one more Christmas tomorrow and then a week off!! Yay! I will leave you with a Charlie Brown Christmas...one of my favourite summaries of the Christmas season:

Charlie Brown: Isn't there anybody who can tell me what Christmas is all about?
Linus: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights, please.

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and Jason. After we get back from Winnipeg on the 29th, we definitely need to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. I forgot to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas this year! That must be why it didn't feel like Christmas to me! Thank you for reminding me. I'll just have to watch it this week! :)

    ReplyDelete