15 May, 2010

Killin' Time...

Well, I'm 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and I have zero motivation to do anything. In fact, I uploaded these pictures over an hour ago and am now forcing myself to write this blog post. I am so ready for this baby to get here. I am hot, itchy and sleep deprived (and yes, generally, I get more sleep with a newborn than at the end of my pregnancy). I am not looking forward to the 27 degrees it's supposed to be for the next 4 days or so and hope to spend at least some of that in an air conditioned hospital! Oh, well, there's not a lot that I can really do but try to be patient (key word there is try).

Anyway, I have another two weeks of pictures to show you.

Week 5 Jan 24-30
My parents drove down through a snowstorm for a retreat they were attending/organizing. They happened to come on Dad's birthday so I made him an angel food cake with 7 minute frosting. It was my first ever attempt and my Mom thought I did even better than hers! It was yummy. Here's Grandpa with his birthday present hat and his two cute grandsons.

Here is the results of the snowstorm. We got a crazy amount of snow. Actual snowfall was about a foot but the drifts in our backyard were more like 5 feet.

Jason and Xander building a train track. This set is really a lot of fun to build with...I just think we need some more pieces!

Care group night. We put the chairs out in the living room for people to use and the boys think they make great tunnels to crawl under. It's really cute until someone tries to stand up, anyway!

Jason has this old NASCAR track that he pulled out for the boys. They had some fun with it but the batteries were almost dead so it couldn't really run both cars at once!

My two boys playing Wii. They are so cute when they play together. Xander is actually playing while Evan just has a "dead" controller. They had to sit on the gaming bean bag, just like Daddy does.

Another one of those cute pictures of them sitting together nicely. This actually started with Xander putting his arm around Evan but I didn't get that pic!

Week 6 Jan 31 - Feb 6
This is a picture of the purse I got for Christmas from my parents. It's so cool - made out of old seatbelts. I really like it because they are stiff and give it some form, even if it's not full. It's just the right size, too, not too big, not too small.

Here is my wonderful husband doing dishes for me. My back really bothered me this pregnancy so he was doing dishes even back then, since I couldn't stand in front of the sink that long. I would try to do some of them and then just leave him the rest but I think he did them all this day.

Our old front door. This is the day before it was getting replaced. Goodbye to the ugly, drafty door. Though, I do think the kids loved the mail slot for looking through but they seem to have adjusted.

Here are the window/door guys with our new upstairs windows and front door. It has made a huge difference having these new windows and I just love how they look!

Here is my sister and brother-in-law's car. This is the only evidence that they stayed night at our house. They pulled in late one night and met up with my other sister and brother-in-law to head to Phoenix. They left at some unearthly hour like 3 a.m., after sleeping for about 4 or 5 hours. They're crazy.

The Scotties Tournament of Hearts was on this weekend. This was the semi-final - PEI was the surprise story of the week. They made it this far with a 4th rock thrower who was only 21 or something like that (as was one of their other players). They did incredibly well for the age of the team and it's too bad they didn't win!

Well, I did it. I made myself finish this post, though my hands are getting really warm and starting to bug me so I'd best go. Hopefully I'll be back soon telling you about our new baby but I won't hold my breath!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I really love your pictures!! Can't wait to see the finished book!!

    ReplyDelete