08 June, 2009

I'm back!!

Well, it's been a crazy 3 weeks...crazy but fun that is!!  Some of you may have read about them on our travel blog, but we had a ton of fun on vacation and the kids did really well (given the situation...no naps, lots of time in the car)!  We've been home for a few days but we had company so things didn't get entirely back to normal until today.  It was also a very accident prone day yesterday as Evan fell down an entire flight of stairs.  He has a few bumps and bruises but seems to be OK.  After that, though, he fell off the couch.  Then he stubbed his toe...and did it again today.  Poor kid.  He's been terribly independent his whole life but he was trying to do stairs like a big boy and he's not quite big enough for it yet.  I'd hoped the incident would at least put a little fear into him, but nope...there he is this morning refusing to be helped down the stairs or to go backwards.  He ended up getting carried.

I'll post some 365 pics hopefully toward the end of this week.  I only took about 2,800 pictures on vacation so I have some filtering to do before I know which ones to use!  I do have a new kit to show you today and some layouts (I found a bit of scrapping time since I got home).

First the new freebie kit is from Scraps of Ellay.  This kit is a retro one based on her childhood - you may remember some of these items and patterns yourself!!  I managed to get a page done for it - but only one and it will be a quick page later this week.

Here is my layout with Kathy's Klown and below that is her preview.  You can go to her blog here.  She's offering this in parts all week so be sure to keep checking her blog!


This first page I did for a speed scrap over at One Single Seed.  I am using this as part of a book I'm doing but I'll modify it slightly for that!
Kit used - Brise Marine by Petit Moineaux
Date flair & magnetic word art by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Alpha - Apple Spice & All Things Nice by Charlie's Digiscraps

This next page started out as a speed scrap but I got interrupted so I changed it all up and did it for my book.
All items from Popsicle Paradise Collab
Papers by AllieKat Creations
Elements by Catt Scrapps

This is another one that was just done for my personal book.  I wasn't feeling terribly inspired when I got home so ideas were not coming for challenges.  I did some utilitarian scrapping, instead.
Kit - Reflections by Farrah Smith Designs
Frames - Grungy Frame 1 by Kylie M Designs
Stitching & flower - Funny Girls Collab by Celoui
Splats & leaves - Funny Girls Collab by Manue
Alpha - After Dusk Collab by Digi-Designs by Nicole

This last page was for the word of the week challenge over at Stuff to Scrap.  I was really uninspired but as I worked on this one, I started to get my groove back.  I really love how it turned out.  I even made the word art all by myself!
Papers - Enchanted Forest by A Work in Progress
Elements - Enchanted Forest by Sweet Blossom Designs

Well, it is good to be home but I'm also tired from that first full day back at work so I will sign off for now and be back later this week - or maybe it will finally warm up and we'll play outside instead! ;)

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Poor Evan, I hope he is doing ok. The scrapbooking looks so good - can't wait to see what you chose for your 365 pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh at you and Ja! So different! He's ever the pessimist (Evan crying constantly!) and you the optimist (the boys did great!). Love you two! Can't wait to see ALL the pics.

    ReplyDelete