29 November, 2009

I Will Post...Eventually

Hi. I don't have LOs done or pictures edited but I thought I'd just do a little update. There was a bit of a family crisis last weekend and that kind of took over last weekend. It didn't directly involve us but incidentally it did. It was really draining and exhausting and emotional and all sorts of things. The rest of this week was really spent trying to recover and get some rest. Not that recovery and resting is all done but it is starting to progress.

Christmas is coming soon, too...that meant that Saturday was packed full with a kids' Christmas party put on by Jason's work and birthday pictures for Xander. We went mini-golfing and the boys had a ton of fun. Evan just carried his ball around and dropped it into holes but he liked it. Xander's form wasn't so good but he even got a hole in one! That's better than I did. In fact, I think he beat me on almost every hole. Then they got to see Santa - now we don't believe in Santa and we've always told our kids that he's fictional (sorry if I just ruined that for anyone). They don't get presents from Santa or anything. We got in line and Xander didn't even want to go see Santa. He was scared of him. We didn't make him talk to Santa but just told him to take the present from the nice helper. They showed a movie after called Santa Buddies (I hope I don't offend anyone if I say I thought it was a dumb movie). I thought it was funny, though, in the opening scene when they showed Santa walking with a dog and some other little kid said "Santa!!" Evan looked at it and went "Puppy!" It was cute. After a very quick and all too short quiet time, we drug Xander to his birthday pictures. It took a bit of convincing at times but then he decided to ham it up for the photographer and we got some really cute pictures. It was a really exhausting day, that's for sure!!

I'm not sure when I'll get more stuff posted because this week promises to be crazy with a capital "C"! Between work, care group, grocery shopping, trying to get the Christmas decorations up and Xander's birthday/party this weekend, I don't think I'll be on here very much. I did rearrange the basement tonight and put up the little tree (no decorations yet) but now I have to move an old washing machine to access the rest of the Christmas decorations (that should be fun!). There are also the million and one other little things that need to be done! Oh well, no rest for the weary, I guess!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. I'm obviously out of the loop. Having to move the old washing machine would, I guess, be our fault. Thanks for holding it for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been so busy. But, on a lighter note, you are the first person I have ever heard say the "no rest for the weary" the correct way! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete