22 January, 2009

Day 17-20 Family and more family...

Hi everybody! There hasn't been too much going on this week. I've been trying to disassemble my kitchen and it's looking almost ready for cleaning and priming. I love to paint but the prep work is sure a pain! 

Xander is sick today, which is not so good. I know he is sick because he was in bed and asleep by 8:45 p.m. Usually, it's 9:30 at the earliest and sometimes closer to 10. He also practically begged for a nap this afternoon! I hope he's better tomorrow, because we're supposed to go to a little birthday party. 

Work has been slow so my days have been quiet. It's OK because the next few months will definitely get crazier as we head into busy season. We also have a busy weekend coming up with a Christmas party (Jason's work always has theirs in January) and a couple church meetings. There won't be much time to breathe!

I have my pictures from days 17 to 20 to post. I haven't gotten any more scrapbooking done but it will come. I did, however, figure out how to post so that you can ALWAYS click on the pictures to see a bigger version. Ah, the joys of learning new software! Anyway, here they are:

Day 17:
This is Jason's sister Jen.  This is the best picture I got of her and the cake from the birthday party that I mentioned in the last post.  If you can notice, the little candles are balloons and I believe they spelled happy birthday.  She was quite excited about it!  Jason's family is into celebrating birthdays quite a bit and this was the first time that Jen had had her whole family around in many years.

Day 18:
Here are my Mom & Dad on their visit last weekend.  They were on their way back from vacation and we enjoyed having them stop in.  I think at this point, Jason was blowing bubbles and we were watching the boys' excitement as they played in them.

Day 19:
On Monday night, I realized that I had taken some ground beef out of the freezer a few evenings before with the intention of making meatballs but it had never happened.  Said ground beef was still in the fridge and I figured we'd better set to work.  After supper, Xander and I made meatballs.  He had a good time once i showed him how to squish his hands in the meat and eggs and so on.  He is my little chef.  He loves to make things and often, he doesn't even care about eating them.  He just wants to cook!

Day 20:
Here are Xander and Evan.  This is their "thing".  I'm not really sure how it started but when we take off our winter clothes, Evan insists on taking Xander's toque off for him.  Generally, Xander is very obliging and loves to do this.  Evan even sometimes takes his mitts off for him!  It really is a cute little thing they do.  It's really amazing to watch the interaction between two brothers.  You can see how much they really do love each other and how fun it is to have someone their own age (sort of) to play with!

Well, that's all the pictures I will post for now.  I'm really trying to keep the post sizes down.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment