21 March, 2009

Day 73 - 79 Busy, busy, busy...

Oh my, the weekend's almost gone already!  Things are starting to get busy around here.  I worked four days this week and will again for the next few.  I know, I know, poor me, most people work five but I've gotten used to this and I've really missed my Thursday off this week!  I think the boys kind of did, too.  Also, I've been trying to use that time to get my kitchen done.  I've made a lot of progress but one less day does slow things down a bit.  There's even paint on the cupboards now (two coats on some of them!).  I haven't really had much chance to do scrapping either but I do have two pages to show you.  I manage to sneak in a speed scrap this afternoon in between helping my sister-in-law move and getting the boys down for naps.  Xander went down a little late but, oh well!

Here are the pages I've done:

This was for a template challenge at DDBN forum and the pic is from our trip in 2003 (I think).
Kit used was Mon Amie collab by A Work in Progress and Stacey Towers (both parts)
Template is MandaKFreebie12x12Template#1 by Designs by MandaK

This next is from today's speed scrap at DDBN forum.  I kinda liked how it turned out, even though I was more rushed than usual since I started 20 minutes late!
Kit used is A Brisk Walk by Scraps of Ellay

I would like to try to get some more non-challenge pages done so I can get some of my projects moving forward but time is tight for the next little while so we'll see!

Now, here we go on to the pictures:

Day 73 (Mar 14):
This was Evan's very first haircut!  He needed one so badly.  We took both him and Xander in at the same time.  We got pictures done today of the Berkan cousins so I figured this was as good a time as any to get it done.  Evan actually did a lot better than I expected.  He's pretty squirmy so I wasn't sure how this would work out.  He did squirm but Jason held him so they managed to get it done fairly well.  Now his curls stay so much better!  Xander even sat on the chair all by himself so I could take pictures!  That's a first for him.

Day 74 (Mar 15):
This was a Sunday and, of course, I nap most Sunday afternoons (catch-up from all the late nights...)  This is where I nap.  Usually on the couch with a Mexican blanket.  Nice and cozy.  I used to do this because it was less comfortable so I wouldn't sleep as long as I did in my bed but that doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.  My naps are getting longer and longer!

Day 75 (Mar 16):
Tuesday was grocery shopping day so Monday I made my menu and my grocery shopping list.  i menu plan for half the month and then shop only twice a month.  I had planned to take a picture of my menu and post it here but my printer would not cooperate and printed out half my menu and half my shopping list so here is a picture of what my annoying printer does, instead!

Day 76 (Mar 17):
It was grocery shopping day so I finally decided to take a picture of what my cart looks like filled with groceries.  This is actually a little light.  When I have to get diapers or something like that, the bottom shelf gets full, too.  Still, I often get comments on the amount I'm buying!  I actually enjoy grocery shopping so I look forward to these trips (except when I'm really busy).  I remember one week when I was pregnant with Xander.  I must have been quite near then end and had an exhausting bad week.  I remember thinking that it was so sad that the most relaxing, enjoyable part of my week had been my Friday evening shopping trip (by the way THE best night to grocery shop - no one is there!!)

Day 77 (Mar 18):
Here is my husband doing what he so often does...playing on his laptop.  He really wants to upgrade so that he can run Windows and his old games on the Mac.  The desktop was supposed to be his computer and it has that capability but, at about that time, I discovered digital scrapbooking and he doesn't get to use the desktop so much!  Sorry, dear.

Day 78 (Mar 19):
This is my stack of Christmas cards.  I finally got it ready to mail on Thursday (I know...beat that any procrastinators out there!).  There were a few things that prevented on time mail out and only one of those was me (some others were my printer, getting stamps, getting envelopes, oh yeah, and me).  Anyway, they got done.  Then, I went and left them on my desk at work so I couldn't even dump them in the mail.  How annoying!

Day 79 (Mar 20):
On Friday, my brother Jason was in town.  He and some of his kids stopped by in the morning to come play with Xander (and visit me).  Let me tell you, the doorbell rang at 9:30 in the morning and I could not figure out who it was.  Xander was all excited and went running but I made him stop (gotta make sure it wasn't salespeople or something!)  Anyway, Xander and his cousins played Play-Doh.  They all love it.  We have one of those beauty salons with the little creatures that grow hair.  Well, Xander's oldest cousin figured out how to take it out of the chair and add more Play-Doh to keep the hair growing.  This is what an entire container of Play-Doh looks like as hair on a dog or hamster or whatever it is!  This activity was replayed later that night and again today.  I'm glad my kids love to see their cousins and have so much fun playing with them!

That is all I have for now, I think.  When life is busy, the memory tends to go just a little bit!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment