09 April, 2009

Days 94 - 99 I will update before leaving...

Things are still busy, after all, it's still April isn't it?  We finally got the phones hooked up at work today, so that is good.  At about 5 to 5 this afternoon we actually got internet.  Yay!  I don't have to work from home if I want to use the internet now.  I find it difficult to work from home because there are so many other fun things to do that it's distracting.

Well, I haven't been up to much lately.  I've been doing a bunch of scrapping, which has been fun.  I have some really cute pages to show you.  Other than that, I haven't had much time.  Making meals, cleaning and hosting care group is about all we've had time to do.  Now, it's the long weekend.  We're going to the Good Friday service at our church tomorrow and then we're heading off to my sister's place.  It'll just be her and her husband and us, but I think it will be fun.

Today is my Mom's birthday and I completely forgot to phone her (I thought of it when I was at work, of course).  I was so busy phoning people to work at church on Sunday that I missed it.  Well, Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you.  I'll try to call you later!

Well, here are the layouts I've done in the last little bit.

This one was for the word of the week challenge at Stuff to Scrap - the word was blessed.
Kit used is Beautiful, Blessed by Marcee J. Duggar
Alpha is Worn Alpha by Elegant Word Art by Bethany
Template is Template 54 by Timounette

This was done for a speed scrap over at the Digital Candy Forum
Kit used was Fairy Tale Wedding Collab 
- parts by Digi-Designs by Nicole, Scraps of Ellay and Flower Scraps

This page was from a speed scrap tonight over at One Single Seed.  It turned out much better than I thought it would when I was creating it.
Kit used is Rustic Grass by Digi-Designs by Nicole

The last one I have to show you is for the template challenge over at Stuff to Scrap
Kit used is Anxiously Awaiting Contemporary by Stolen Moments
Word art is Magnetic Poetry by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Template is STS Template 1 by Nibbles Skribbles

More and more I'm really liking what I've been creating and I can see how I've improved from the first Mexico scrapbook that I did.

Now on to my pictures of the day!

Day 94 (April 4):
This is my new washer and dryer.  I'm really enjoying them, even though the door of the washer barely clears the dryer!  I don't like to do laundry.  I never have, but everything is just a little bit more fun when you have a new tool/toy to use!

Day 95 (April 5):I bought some strawberries at the store because they were on sale and I wanted a banana split.  They were OK but they go bad so fast, so I made some freezer jam.  I love strawberry and raspberry freezer jam.  Soooo yummy!  PS I bought some strawberries about a month ago when they were on sale and they were the BEST store strawberries I'd ever tasted.  They seriously tasted like they had just come out of the garden.  I couldn't believe there were such good strawberries in the middle of winter, no less.

Day 96 (April 6):
This is my son being silly and my husband copying him.  When Xander gets tired of my snapping pictures he'll do things like this.  I'll call it paparazzi poses.  It's actually pretty cute.  You'd think he was some big star and I was totally hounding him!

Day 97 (April 7):
This is the only picture I took that day (well there were two right after this - both horrible).  I think I actually forgot but happened to have taken this one.  It's my two boys, both drinking their milk.  I don't know how they got to love it so much.  I also think it's cute how they're doing the same thing at the same time!

Day 98 (April 8):
This is my dishwasher full of dirty dishes after care group.  It looks like a lot but I have a "baby" dishwasher.  It's only 18", I think so it takes very little to fill it up.  It matches my "baby" stove!

Day 99 (April 9):
I thought that it would be appropriate for on of my pictures of the day to be a picture of my camera.  I love my dSLR, just like I loved my SLR before it.  It is a wonderful camera, even if it is a base model.  It allows me freedom that I even sometimes use!  I took this with my little digital camera.  Now, it and I don't really get along so I'm surprised this even turned out!!

Anyway, that's all that we've been up to for now.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sandra, what is freezer jam? You should post about it in the recipe section at STS. You've got my interest!

    ReplyDelete