24 July, 2009

Scrapping Stuff!!

Well, life has been busy but I've got a sale to tell you about and a few scrapping things to show you!  First the sale...Stuff to Scrap is having Christmas in July!!  Tomorrow (Saturday) the entire store will be on sale for 25% off (except CU licenses)...don't miss these great deals!  You can check out the flier below and click here to head over to the store!

I guess it has been awhile since I posted any scrapping LOs.  I have a few but the two competitions I'm in have been keeping me busy!!  This first LO is for GingerScraps Scrapping Survivor competition (kinda like the show, I guess, since I never watch it).  We're not sure how voting works yet but I think it's open to the public so if you want to vote for me you can go to the GingerScraps forum.  Submissions don't close until tonight (Friday) at midnight so I guess voting will be Saturday!?  Anyway, the first challenge was to scrap a page using a collab by the GingerScraps designers called Another Day in Paradise...here is what I did with a pic from my trip to Hawaii in 2000 (wow, almost 10 years ago!!).
Kit - Another Day in Paradise

The other competition I'm in is at Digi-Scrap Addicts and is a team competition.  It's called Battle of the Creative Teams.  So I'm battling with other members of the Scraps of Ellay creative team.  Our challenge for week 1 was to create a "white space" layout (ie lots of empty area).  We had to scrap in a colour theme so we all used the same kit.  P.S. Week 2 is currently going on and if you want to vote on Monday or Tuesday you can go to DSA (you don't even have to register in the forum!)  Anyway, this was my week 1 LO and I really like it!
Kit - Sara Smile by Scraps of Ellay

This next page was for the Scrap what? challenge at STS.  We had to scrap about a movie.  I've had these ticket stubs sitting around for a while and have been meaning to do this page so it was great for me!
Kit - Big Top by Stolen Moments
Frame - Grungy Frame 5 by Kylie M. Designs
Greenery, Flowers & Wrap - Love in Black & White by Bidouille (recoloured)
Film Strips - Dernier Sceance by juliegoodgirl
Scene clapper (or whatever it's called) - Dernier Sceance by MerePoule

I did this next one for a speed scrap that I was late to but i managed to do the whole page, start to finish - including installing a new font in my software - in 25 minutes!  I was quite proud of myself and I really like how it turned out!
Kit - Down by the Lily Pond Collab by A Work in Progress and Mel Hains Designs
Alpha - Iron Alpha by Elegant Word Art by Bethany

This last page was for the quote challenge at STS.  We had to choose all or part of the given quote, which was from the movie Love, Actually.  It was a really long quote with so much potential, but I'd just taken this picture of my sister and nephew the day before, so I had to use it!  I love this page, by the way.
Kit - Pimp My Life by Loloden Designs

I think that's it for now, but I have chosen my 365 pictures up to date.  All I have to do is edit them and then I can post again!  Yay - I'll be caught up but this weekend is crazy so I'm not sure when I'll do it!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment