05 July, 2009

A New Kit and Some LOs

OK.  I'm really excited about this new kit by Scraps of Ellay.  It is called Date Night and has the most gorgeous colours!  I first saw a LO Lori did a few weeks ago.  I didn't know what the kit was back then but I saw the LO on the forum and knew I just couldn't wait to get my hands on the kit.  I was chatting with Lori and she told me that she actually took the colour palette from one of MY photos!!  I was so flattered.  No wonder I loved the colours.  If you want to see the inspiration photo, click here and take a look at my Mother's Day flowers on May 9th.  First, I want to show you the three LOs I did with this kit!

This one was done for a speed scrap so I had to pull a couple of elements from other kits.  The rope is from Forever Romance by Scraps of Ellay and the staple is from Granny's Sweet Tea by Scraps of Ellay.
I actually created a template for the layout below.  It was for the July Template Challenge at STS.  Most of the pieces came from Nibbles Skribbles and then we had to add a couple of our own pieces.  I really like how it turned out!
Now that you see how beautiful this kit is, I'm sure you'll want to run right out and buy it.  Here is the preview.
The good news is that it's on sale right now for 30% off!!  You can pick it up here.  Also, for this week only, Lori has a freebie add-on available on her blog.  Go here to get that!

I also have some other scrapping news before I show you the layouts I've been working on lately.  First, I want to show you another kit.  This is the Stuff to Scrap Designer Collab for July, called Leave an Impression.  This is a gorgeous kit, just take a look at those papers!!  You can pick it up in the store here.

Also, there's a speed scrap at STS on Tuesday.  I really hope I can make this one.  I haven't been able to make a speed scrap there in AGES and they are SO much fun!  Here's the info:
And check out the really cute participation prize!
Now, I have a few more pages that I've done recently that I'd like to show you.  I think that they turned out pretty well, even though some of them were VERY challenging.  First is this layout of me and my grandpa.  I love how it turned out, especially the colours.  I did this for the scraplift challenge over at Gotta Pixel.
 Kit - Summer Sunrise by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Greenery - Homegrown by FlowerScraps
Template - Alicia (scraplift of goodtexans' No Worries LO at Gotta Pixel)

This next one was for a speed scrap and since I didn't really know what pictures to use, I thought I'd try something girly.  This is my niece's 3rd birthday party.  I really like how the balloon cutouts turned out!
Kit - Painter's Quilt by Stolen Moments
Alpha - Glitterbet by Meryl Bartho

This last one was the biggest challenge.  This was for June's template challenge over at Stuff to Scrap.  This challenge focussed on journalling and we were challenged not to use ANY pictures (though we could, if we so chose).  It took me forever to figure out something I could do a whole page of journalling on, but I think, in the end, this turned out great.  Click the picture to enlarge it if you can't read it.
Kit - Rustic Grass by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Kraft Paper - 365 International Edition Take 2 by mgl Scraps
Football - Coach Cocoa by Scrappy Cocoa
Books - Paint Your Life by Cali

I have company this week but hopefully I can do some more 365 (and life) updates.  I have another week ready to post and now I just have to choose the next series.  All my pictures are, once again, on my computer!  Yay!

Until next time...

1 comment: