30 August, 2009

Day 228 to 241...that's yesterday!

Well, I've got the rest of my photos edited for P365 (right up until yesterday) so I figured that I should get caught up, eh? I've gotten caught up on a lot of things lately, and it feels really good. The doors are all back on my kitchen (though I lost a hinge so one set is indefinitely out of place), my sister's cross-stitch is at the framers, I can get to the piano...I guess I need to start some more projects, eh? I guess I should finish the slides, though, too... I've also decided that I am going to redo my P365 LOs to make them one-pagers. It's easier to do up a photo book that way and, really, I only have about 3 weeks to redo!

This weekend was good. It was Jason's birthday and we had a good time. Saturday was mostly a relax kind of day and so was today. It was really nice just to chill out and have the house relatively clean. I've even recently finished re-reading Anne of Green Gables and have moved on the Anne of Avonlea. Do you know how long it's been since I read a book?

Anyway, on to the pictures...

Day 228 (Aug 16):
Here is Evan...I'm not really sure what we were up to this Sunday but I have a ton of pictures of him like this. He sits at the dinner table, facing the window so the light is often really nice. Unlike Xander, he doesn't yet fuss when I take a million pictures, either.

Day 229 (Aug 17):
Here's another picture of the church worksite. In the front, you can see the styrofoam blocks used to create the foundation and, in the back, you can see how the old Fellowship Hall is gone. There are some simple 2x4 railings but no walls. The project has really been progressing quite quickly. It's interesting to see what they've done each week.

Day 230 (Aug 18):
The sky and the clouds were really pretty out our back door on this particular evening. They actually turned out not too bad in the picture. So often, cloud pictures just don't do the real thing any justice!!

Day 231 (Aug 19):
Here are my kitchen doors on! It's hard to remember what they once looked like. I'll have to go pull out the "before" pictures! I like how they turned out, even though the extra paint has made some of them really stick. Also, there are a lot of scrapes in the paint already but you have to look to notice them so hopefully nobody does! :)

Day 232 (Aug 20):
I finally got back to the gym! It had been about a month with everything that had been going on and, let me tell you, when I miss that long, I sure can tell that I have. I still haven't gotten back to where I was but it's getting there slowly but surely. The stamina is just not there yet! I actually really like going to the gym so I was really glad to get back into my runners!

Day 233 (Aug 21):
I dressed the boys similarly this day...likely because I just grabbed stuff out of the laundry basket and orange is easy to find. Anyway, Xander thought this was great and wanted me to take a picture of them together. Of course, as I went to get my camera they posed really nicely. Evan stood right beside Xander and Xander gave him a hug. By the time I got my camera Evan had decided that was no fun so this is what I found! Oh well, missed opportunities, I guess!

Day 234 (Aug 22):
We rented this weekend and watched it Friday night (I know, the pic waited until Saturday). It's really the first time I've watched a movie in a long time. There just isn't much that I want to see! This was a really good movie. I loved it. It was cute and sweet and totally clean. Usually I'm so disappointed in movies that I want to see (I guess I have high expectations) but I also went to see Julie & Julia on Sunday with my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law. Not only did I have a fun afternoon with them, but I also really enjoyed that movie, as well. It was totally my kind of movie (not too much action but more just about the characters and how they change over time). It was a good movie weekend - two movies I liked in one weekend!

Day 235 (Aug 23):
Here are the boys standing at the patio doors, watching Jason mow the (incredibly long) grass. I like how this picture turned out with the boys in the shadows and Xander kinda looking at Evan. They had a great time just standing there and watching!

Day 236 (Aug 24):
Jason went to the AC/DC concert Monday night. He took the car so that he and Steve (his brother-in-law) would have a way to get home after the concert. This meant that I had to pick the boys up without a car so this was our mode of transportation for the day. I actually got a fair bit of exercise as it was about a 20 minute walk to Cindy's, then a 20 minute walk to A&W and then about a 10 minute walk home. Trust me, with the weight of a 3 1/2 year old, a 1 1/2 year old and a double stroller - that was a work out! I enjoy walking, though, and it was a beautiful evening so all was good.

Day 237 (Aug 25):
This was the night that Xander put Evan to bed in the cutest going to bed ritual of all time (though Evan won't let him do it anymore...guess Xander's no substitute for Mom!). Here Xander is getting Evan's toothbrush ready so they can brush teeth.

Day 238 (Aug 26):
We took a walk Thursday night and Xander wanted to see the church so we went down to the building site again. There were several walls, as well as some major steel beams up. Again, the clouds were really pretty so I took this picture of the corner of the building. I really like how it turned out. Xander also got to go on a tour of the site as Pastor Bill took him for a look-see through the area. He quite enjoyed that.

Day 239 (Aug 27):
I took the boys to the grocery store with me because we needed a few things (and Cheez Whiz and Breyers ice cream were on sale!). Xander wanted me to buy a plant but I'm not so good at keeping those alive so I talked him into flowers instead. He picked out a dozen yellow roses that were really pretty and are still quite fragrant, even though they're starting to die!

Day 240 (Aug 28):
It wasn't Jason's birthday but it was his birthday party. We just had some family over and had supper and cake. Of course we had pizza (Jason's all-time favourite food) and I made a chocolate cake with really yummy chocolate icing (if I do say so myself). We even managed to play a few games. It was a pretty good night all around.

Day 241 (Aug 29):
This was actually Jason's birthday but we just chillaxed at home. I did go to the gym and took my sister's cross-stitch to the framers (along with a couple other pictures). This is a picture of the back of the cross-stitch. I always used to be amazed at my one uncle and cousin whose cross-stitches always looked almost the same on the back as the front. When I started doing afghans mine became a lot neater on the back, too. I realized that I've never taken a picture of the back so I thought I'd do it with this one. You'll see the front when it gets back from the framer's!!

And that officially gets me caught up on my P365! Another thing off my list!! It really does feel good. I haven't taken today's picture yet, though, so maybe I should do that. :) I also have a bit of laundry that needs to be folded so I should be off!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 10 post on Aug. 31, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cross-stitch! That's the back - WOW!!
    Great job.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed with the back of your crossstitch picture. Mine NEVER looked anywhere near that good!! The pics of the boys were so cute - just want to "kiss and hug them to pieces"!! Thanks for the joy!

    ReplyDelete