09 August, 2009

Scrapping Stuff (including a freebie!)

It's been a while since I posted any scrap stuff on here.  I've got another designer freebie collab for you but I want to update you on the competitions I've been in.  First was the Battle of the Creative Teams.  It's been a lot of fun working with the ladies on Scraps of Ellay's CT and doing these challenges.  The last one is up so if you'd like to go vote for us (Ellay's Scrap Stars), that'd be great.  Head over to Digi-Scrap Addicts and vote - you don't even have to register!!  I believe the voting starts tomorrow (Monday).  This week, we all made LOs using the new freebie kit - Floatin' on a Breeze!  We had to scraplift two of our teammates and I scraplifted ChristieDawn and Glenda.  This is what I came up with:
Kit - Floatin' on a Breeze by Scraps of Ellay

Our week 3 LO was a recipe.  We had to use the numbers 1 to 10 and select an element for each number.  You could only use what was in your list.  Our list was this:
10 flowers
9 leaves
8 ribbons
7 buttons
6 butterflies
5 papers
4 staples
3 pictures
2 fonts
1 alpha
This is what I came up with:
Kits - Date Night, Bears Eat Beets, Butterflies are Free, Fayries, Kathy's Klown, Granny's Sweet Tea, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, A Mother's Moment part 2 and Forever Romance  all by Scraps of Ellay

Before I talk about Scrapping Survivor, I want to show you the collab and the other pages I made using it.  First, the pages I made:

This is my desktop for the month using just Scraps of Ellay's part.  The calendar is from Eva Marina Scraps:
This next page I did for the word of the week challenge at STS and I used parts from all three of them.  This is from our recent family vacation.
Here are the previews:

Scraps of Ellay

Dream Big Designs

JennCK Designs
You can head over to Scraps of Ellay's blog here to pick up her part and she has links to the other two parts there.

Now, the other competition I'm in has a couple more weeks left.  It's Scrapping Survivor over at GingerScraps forum.  I've been really fortunate to earn immunity in weeks 2, 3 and 4!  That means I'll make it to the final week but I don't really think I'll win.  There are some amazing scrappers over there!!  I showed you my week 1 LO way back then (it was a picture of Hawaii).  To earn immunity the 2nd week, we had to "build a camp" with our top 10 things we would take along.  This was my LO:
Kit - Remember the Best Dreams by Miss Erin's Scraps

In the 3rd week, we had to "catch" 20 fish and be in the first 10 to post them.  It was an adrenaline rush (especially since it was late at night) but I managed to squeak in at number 9!!  This week's immunity challenge was to make a fire and scrap 10 items that she gave us.  We also had to use at least two of our own pictures.  The first five got immunity.  I snuck in at #3 using these pictures of the kids pretending to "make a fire" in the yard!  It's not the prettiest page but it worked!
Kit - Simplicity by A Work in Progress

Our week 2 challenge was to scraplift one of the week 1 LOs and I chose one by Misty.  It was really cute and I liked how this one turned out!
Kit - Fresh by Stolen Moments
Glitter - Life is Like a Box of Chocolates by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Starfish - Route 101 by Viva Artistry

Week 3 we had to "write a letter home".  It was such a touching week.  Some of the ladies had such beautiful, heartfelt letters.  They brought tears to my eyes in many cases!  I'm not a big journaller but this was my attempt.
Kit - Beach Glass by Ginger Scraps

This week we have to make a LO of us eating bugs!  Crazy.  We have to extract bugs and photoshop them into our mouths!  Crazy and icky but it should be fun.

I have one other LO to show you.  This was another LO for a word of the week challenge at STS.  I think it turned out pretty cute!
Kit - Summer Days by Digi-Designs by Nicole & Gettin' Scrappy with Britt
Brown Paper - Life is Like a Box of Chocolates by Digi-Designs by Nicole
Word Art - Elegant Word Art by Bethany
Template by Nibbles Skribbles

I think that's it for now!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Okay, where do I start? The page from your wedding with the recipe I thought could have looked very busy and cluttered, but it doesn't! Beautiful! I love the Top Ten page! Can you get handwriting like that as a font? And now let's talk about the pictures! That one of the four of you from your vacation....I love it! Xander's face and the fact that Evan is crying!! Perfect! And then your professional ones! Oh my goodness! Absolutely gorgeous. The one of Jason from behind!! Should I gush more or is that enough?! Oh, I should mention though that I love seeing pics of Xander when he was littler! He was SOOO cute and I think looks a lot like Evan in those pics! Okay, I'm done gushing! I just need to come over and look at all your pics so I can gush in person!

    ReplyDelete